Yoga & Blossoms Retreat

Loading Events
27 Mar.

Yoga & Blossoms Retreat

March 27, 2020 - April 3, 2020
¥230,000
Ari has teamed up with Japan Zen Retreats to present an exciting yoga spectacular in Japan’s world-famous cherry blossom season.

The cherry blossom season is a stunningly beautiful time to travel to Japan. As well as daily yoga, the Cherry Blossom Yoga Retreat includes a day tour to visit the cherry blossoms in the Nagano or Niigata region of Japan. We spend one day visiting an area that is blossoming. We make sure you get to experience this incredible event.

If you feel the need to find an extreme level of relaxation this tour is the one for you. Enjoy daily yoga in the lovely Yoga Studio right next door to your accommodation at Snowball Chalet. Relax by the fire and read a book or chat with the other retreat guests. Soak in the beautiful onsens in the area. It just doesn’t get better than this.

 

Included in the retreat are 2 tours in addition to the Cherry Blossom day:

Maguse Onsen is one of those places that you dream about years after you visit. It is a very traditional onsen that has the most stunning views down a sunset lit valley towards the beautiful ski mountain of Kijimadaira. We run the tour in the afternoon so the valley glows orange as the sun sets across it. Even if it is cloudy it is still amazing because it then takes on a mystical aura.

The Snow Monkey Tour takes in the gorgeous Japanese Snow Monkeys, a sake tasting and Shibu Onsen Village. It is a relaxed cultural tour that really gets at the heart of what makes Japan so special. All our guests absolutely love this tour and it is a must on any traveller to Northern Nagano’s itinerary.

Other inclusions:

  • 1 night accommodation in Tokyo
  • 6 nights accommodation at Snowball Chalet at Madarao Mountain Resort
  • Breakfast and dinner when at Snowball Chalet prepared by our amazing chef or one of the lovely restaurants in the village
  • Guide from Tokyo to Snowball Chalet
  • Return bullet train from Tokyo to Iiyama Station and Shuttle bus to Madarao Mountain Resort from Iiyama
  • Daily yoga sessions
  • Cherry blossom day tour in the local region
  • Maguse Onsen tour
  • Snow Monkey tour

 

Retreat accommodation

Snowball Chalet is a boutique 3-storey cedar chalet nestled high in the Japanese mountain village of Madarao, just 100 minutes from Tokyo in the heart of the Japanese Alps. It’s been designed to meet your every need for a wonderful retreat, combining rustic wabi-sabi character with all the modern comforts you expect.

Snowball Chalet has a lovely lounge area with designer fireplace, 2 stylish o-furo baths (Japanese style tubs), views to the forest and a flat 1-minute stroll to the ski slopes and hiking trails.

With a focus on comfort, style and good old fashioned mountain hospitality, Snowball Chalet is your quintessential cosy mountain chalet in the heart of the village.

 

Rooms and pricing

Click links for more accommodation info and photos.

Deluxe Ensuite
Single occupancy | ¥420,000 (approx. $5,800)
Double occupancy | ¥270,000 (approx. $3,700) *Queen or twin bed options*

Family Room
Double occupancy only | ¥230,000 (approx. $3,100) *Queen or twin bed options*

 

MORE INFO & BOOKINGS

 

Cancellations and refund policy

Non Flexible bookings are non refundable and require full payment at time of booking.

Semi Flexible bookings require a non refundable deposit of 30% at time of booking and a non refundable final payment of the remaining 70%, 60 days before arrival.

Please ensure you take out travel insurance at time of booking so you are covered if you need to make a cancellation. All travel insurance is different so please make sure you read the terms and conditions to ensure you have the correct cover.

 

Event Details

Date: March 27, 2020 - April 3, 2020
Time: -
Venue: Snowball Chalet
Address: Madarao Mountain Resort, Japan