Embodying Yoga Alignment and Hands-on Assists YTT
Presenting a 50 hour yoga teacher training module to explore the art of teaching and practicing yoga.
Learn the ability to physically assist yoga asana and understand intelligent alignment cues that will enable your students to refine their practice and find transformation on their yoga mat. It takes confidence in the understanding of energetic alignment to physically assist in yoga, and this course will teach you how to connect with your students in the best possible way. There is also no better way to understand alignment than feel it in your own body.
Either by voice or hand you will have the confidence to guide you students deeper into their yoga journey or experience the awakened asana for yourself in greater understanding. With practical lessons, safe physical assists and alignment cues Arian will guide you into this intensive 50 hour training that will hone your ability to read and assess bodies and learn the application of hands-on assists.
50 hours teacher training accredited by Yoga Alliance. This practical, hands on course requires 10 hours of practical hands-on assisting outside of the training (peer to peer and/or group classes).
Upon completion of the full program you will receive a 50 hour Yoga Alliance Certificate.
Topics to be explored
- Learn detailed physical alignment with foundational and intermediate asanas and precise assists for all key asanas
- Learn creative and therapeutic assists for public classes and private students
- Explore energetic alignment by the actions and patterns of movement in the asana
- Receive personal guidance, feedback, and coaching on your alignment
- General notes for assisting, adjustments and corrections
- Types of assists/corrections/
- Reasons for the hands-on approach
- Yoga assists vs. yoga adjustments
- Assisting a room full of people
- The eight limbs of yoga
- Vinyasa Krama and assisting
- The movements of Prana
- Kinaesthetic intelligence and embodiment
- Tips for the hands-on approach to teaching
- Understanding posture and alignment
- How posture affects the nervous system
Who is it for?
- Yoga students who’d like to develop their personal practice with attention to alignment and safety
- Yoga teachers who want to become more confident and aware of correct student alignment
Friday 1 Nov | 6pm – 8.30pm
Saturday 2 Nov | 8:30am – 4.30pm
Sunday 3 Nov | 8.30am – 1.30 pm
Friday 15 Nov | 6pm – 8.30pm
Saturday 16 Nov | 8:30am – 4.30pm
Sunday 17 Nov | 8.30am – 1.30pm
$795 early bird until Monday 30 Sept 2019
$875 after Tuesday 1 Oct 2019
If you find yourself unable to attend, please notify as soon as possible.
Cancellations 28 or more days prior to start of an event will receive a full refund.
Cancellations 27-15 days prior to start of an event can receive a partial refund or credit (25% cancellation fee).
Cancellations 14-8 days prior to start of an event can receive a partial refund or credit (50% cancellation fee).
No refunds or transfers are available for no shows or cancellations within 7 days of the start of the event.